Friday 6 January 2012

Just Because




Let’s Capture These Sketches Card Sketch #10

Hi everyone! I’m sharing a card I created following Card Sketch #10 from Capture These Sketches. When I saw this sketch, I knew that I wanted to incorporate a fan fold background. I also wanted to use a particular paper collection that I had purchased a little while ago. I loved the colours but didn’t really know how I would use them.


As I was layering the elements of the card, I was worried that it was too dark. I created the green rose and it immediately made a huge difference. The two pink roses help to soften the overall feel of the card.


Adding the rhinestones also adds some interest to the die cut elements.

I applied minimal portions of glue to the flourish. By allowing the curves to flow freely it also helps to soften the card.


Supplies:

Paper : Kaisercraft Utopia Collection and Kaisercraft Utopia paper pad

Other: Spellbinders Shapeabilities Spiral Blossom One, Spellbinders Shapeabilities Fancy Tags, Spellbinders Nestabilities Fleur De Lis Rectangles, Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Eighteen, Spellbinders Nestabilities Classic Ovals Small, Die-Namics Fancy Flourish, Sizzix Sizzlits Little Leaves, Kaisercraft rhinestones, Prima flowers, Kaisercraft Friends rub ons, purple and green cardstock.

Thanks for stopping by!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...