Monday 26 March 2012

With Love




Hi everyone. I managed to leave work early for a change (no after school meetings!) and found some time to work on a card. It was a shaky start but I got there in the end.

Once I decided on the paper, things feel into place. I wanted to stay away from my favourite WM set (Victorian Frippery) and use some of the other stamp sets for this card. I was drawn to the colours of this background paper and used coordinating inks to match it.



Here I layered some of the vintage label 10 stamps. Each layer has foam tape to add dimension.



Initially, I played with just the label one stamp. It needed something extra so I found a Spellbinders die to layer with it and (ONE of the Victorian Frippery stamps) to finish it off.


I like a little bling on a card so I added a butterfly and pearls to finish it off.

Supplies:

Stamps: Waltzingmouse Vintage Labels 1, Vintage Labels 10 and Victorian Frippery

Paper: Prima Romantique, Kaisercraft vanilla, DCWV brights

Ink: Versafine satin red and vintage sepia

Other: Spellbinders Nestabilities labels 10, labels 1, standard circles large, Spellbinders Shapeabilities Fleur de lis accents and Parisian accents, Stampin’ Up ruby red satin ribbon, August moon lace trim, Hooked on Craft flowers, Kaisercraft pearls, butterfly.

Thanks for stopping by!



post signature

8 comments:

  1. Those die cuts with the touches of Frippery are gorgeous, Cathy! I love the sparkly red butterfly and the beautiful papers you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how nice with that butterfly, and those beautiful colors. love from Holland.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO pretty with the lovely die cuts and colors you used! thanks for playing with the WMS sketch again this week Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I love all the die cuts and layers and that striking red!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous and I love the butterfly ! Love all the die cuts, and pretty lace and ribbon in this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow gorgeous card Love al the layers and details. Thanks for joining us at wmsc

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is so beautiful and I just love all the details you put into creating it. I can really tell that a lot of love went into this one! Love the layers, the sparkle, the flowers and trim. It all came together so beautifully! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Waltzingmouse!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card love the sparkly butterfly!Just found your blog so have added as a follower!

    Carole x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...