Saturday 7 April 2012

Happy Easter



I absolutely love Pion Design papers. I have been admiring them for a while. I was absolutely ecstatic when my order arrived this week. As we will be celebrating Easter, that became my inspiration for my project.


I started by die cutting this main image. I then began layering it using a variety of Spellbinders dies. I used foam tape between the top 2 layers to add some dimension.


Next I began playing with the background papers. My main colours are beige and dark brown. The beige background paper needed something extra. I inked the edges then used a background stamp. I wanted a vintage look, so I pressed lightly and inconsistently so that sections would appear to be faded. 


Next came the lace, ribbon, trinket pin and flower.


Just a small sentiment to finish the card.

Supplies:

Paper: Pion Designs Fairytale of Spring, Grant Archival neutral paper stack

Ink: Stampin’ Up soft suede, Distress Ink antique linen

Stamps: Stampin’ Up En Francais and Teeny Tiny Sentiments

Other: Spellbinders Nestabilities lacey ovales, classic ovals large, Spellbinders Shapeabilities standard tag, fleur de lis pendant, Hooked on Craft flower and trinket pin, Bow easy, lace, brown ribbon, gold nylon ribbon.

Thanks for stopping by!




post signature

5 comments:

  1. Cathy this is such a gorgeous card - divine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cathy ... your card is beautiful!!! I love the colours and the rabbit is so so cute!!! Thanks for Joining us at Hooked on Craft .. Good Luck.. Cheers Michelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card! It's so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so inspired just gorgeous!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...