Thursday 17 May 2012

Beautifully Shaped


Hi everyone. Last night I finished my maths comments and had time to create a card. The card I created is for the latest Shabby Tea Room Challenge 'Beautifully Shaped.' For this challenge you need to create  a SHAPED card or project that is also inspired by THE COLORS IN THE PHOTO!  This week we're looking for 'shaped' cards -- NO squares or rectangles this week, please!
 I have never completed such a card and thought it would be really difficult. I found a template and then it started from there.

After tracing and cutting out the shabby dresser template, I used distress ink to edge the card. I then applied more distress ink to disguise the white background. I cut two rectangles from some floral background paper. inked the edges and applied to the background. I used some Spellbinders dies and pearls to add the accents to create the drawer fronts.

I used a different floral paper to complete the dresser. It is a semi cloud type shape. I inked it and added it to the background.

To create the mirror of the dresser, I used my latest Spellbinders die and teamed it with this lovely cameo stamp. To add some of the colours from the inspiration picture, I used flowers to fulfill this criteria.
Some lace, a key and a stamped sentiment finish my card.

Supplies:

Paper: Nitwit Collection Thimbles'n'threads

Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps Cameo To Go

Ink: Distress Ink tattered Rose, Colorbox Chalk Ink Rose Coral

Other: Spellbinders Nestabilities classic ovals small and floral ovals, Spellbinders Shapeabilities fancy tags, Hooked on Craft flowers, Kaisercraft flowers and pearls, Bow easy, lace, card template

Thanks for stopping by!

post signature

7 comments:

  1. This looks gorgeous! I have not seen a dresser card before! how cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.....so beautiful, what a fabulous idea:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Cathy! Love the idea of the cameo above the dresser~ it's just darling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous idea!! so sweet, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! What a wonderful idea! Thanks for sharing with The Shabby Tearoom this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderfully creative card! I love the cameo touch in the mirror...just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely card and so many beautiful design elements. Congratulations on being a Top 3 Winner!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...