Sunday 6 May 2012

Pretty In Pink


Hi everyone. At the moment, I am so time poor as I am in the midst of writing school reports. I rewarded myself by taking some time to create a card.

The card I am sharing with you is for the WMSC96.


The papers I used were part of a free collection with a craft magazine. I discovered that they were digital and I went online and bought the collection. What I love about digital papers is that you will never run out and you can always tweak them to suit your project.

As the colours are soft, I thought that the design needed to be. I also need more birthday cards, as in the next couple of months I have a lot of birthdays coming up!

 I used the large doily stamp, and began to layer from there.


I embossed some white paper to add a soft touch to the card.


I thought about using buttons, but chose a butterfly die with some small flowers. I used some liquid pearls to add a little bit of bling!







Supplies:

Paper: DCWV pastel, Nitwit Collections - Thimbles 'n' Threads

Ink: Colorbox Chalk Rose Coral

Stamps: Waltzingmouse Fancy Phrases and Large Doily

Other: Spellbinders Shapeabilities Fancy tags and Butterflies, Martha Stewart double edge doily lace trim punch, Cuttlebug Stylised Flowers embossing folder, Hooked on Craft flowers, Liquid Pearls petal pink.

Thanks for stopping by!


post signature

11 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card Cathy, I love the soft pink with the crispness of the white embossing! very pretty!! Thank you for playing along with us at Waltzingmouse Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, this is nice! Love the beautiful colors! Love from Holland.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet layering, I like lots!! Great job with the butterfly and flower combo too, thanks for playing along with the Mischief Makers this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi.. this looks so pretty! I love the roses and the butterfly! I hope your marking goes great.. my brother is a teacher so I realise there is a lot of work for you to do outside of school hours...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh.. so pretty and feminine - pretty flowers, flowers, doily and lacey trim - GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty in pink indeedy! Love the butterflies and roses over the layered doily images! Beautiful feminine touches from the sweet pink plaid, lacy edge, right down to the teeny pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cathy ..I love this card !!! Beautiful, delicate colours and sweet pink ... MY STYLE :)..BEAUTI !!! Love from Iceland -Aneta-

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous!!
    The colors...
    the patterns...
    those layers!!
    The butterfly and roses...
    such a gorgeous, creative take on the sketch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty in pink Cathy! love the butterfly and flowers and the embossed bg! Thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful card, great embossing and perfect, pastel colours!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely card! The soft pastel pink and white combination are so refreshing. Love the embossing and that wonderfully sweet butterfly!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...