Tuesday 22 May 2012

Silver Beauty


Hi fellow friends. I am sharing my take on the latest Waltzingmouse Sketch.
This week, I decided to tackle silver. After going through my stash, I pulled out some vellum papers and discovered things I had forgotten I had!!

My background paper is a vellum with a subtle silver design going through it (you can't really tell in my photos). I stamped the sentiment and focal images from the  Waltzingmouse Victorian Frippery stamp set with Versamark ink and then embossed with silver embossing powder.

I used some silver vellum to add borders to my images. I die cut a border strip with the silver and love how it looks in the centre of the card.





To complete the card, I added ribbon, lace and a trinket pin. I also used the silver filigree heart brad to add a final silver touch to the card.

Supplies:

Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps Victorian Frippery

Other: White card stock, Silver Vellum and patterned vellum, Spellbinders Nestabilities standard circles large, classic squares large and classic scalloped squares large, Spellbinders Shapeabilities Fleur De Lis Accents, Versamark, American Crafts Zing silver embossing powder, Hooked on Craft trinket pin, Autumn Leaves scrap metal, ribbon, lace, Bow Easy.

Thanks for stopping by!

 

post signature

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful card - very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of the silver, such an elegant card. Your embossing is so beautiful, fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely in the silver with your ribbons and lace Cathy! And your stampings are so pretty! Thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your take on the sketch , with this gorgeous elegant card. The silver and vellum are so pretty .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how gorgeous! silver looks so pretty, and dont you love it when you dig to the bottom of your stash and find some treasures you forgot you had!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shimmery, that is the word I would use to describe this gorgeous card. I love the silver embossed images from the Victorian Frippery set. That really is beautiful vellum you used too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the silver embossing with those images and all of the die cut shapes to match! The bow with the pin and charm is a stunning accent. Such an elegant card, Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cathy this is sooo elegant - beautiful silver embossing and all that pretty lace! WOW! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How very elegant! Wonderful card. Thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how pretty! I love all the silver embossing and the beautiful die cut border. What a wonderful detail. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Waltzingmouse!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at wmsc

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...