Monday 25 June 2012

Retreat

Hi everyone. I am sharing a layout that I have just completed. I have been making so many cards lately that it was time to do some scrapbooking. I followed the "#1 June 2012 Saturday Sketch" from Kaisercraft.
I wanted to use to use this particular photo of my sister at a school retreat. I wanted it to be fresh feeling with lots of flowers. I selected papers from the English Rose Collection.


I used a rub on and an element from the paper pad to add my journaling.

I stamped and inked a chipboard hinge using a flourish stamp. I also inked the background paper with a pink ink, to add interest to the main elements of my page.

Some of the collectable die cut pieces from different collections co-ordinate beautifully. I managed to find some floral pieces from Sweet Nothings. I added a die cut  butterfly to both.


I like the edges to look worn. I distress and ink them to create that vintage look. Here I tore, rolled and added lace.


Supplies:

Paper: Kaisercraft English Rose

Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Versa Color Umber, Versa Magic Pink Petunia and ColorBox Chalk Chestnut Roan

Stamp: Kaisercraft Flourishes

Other: Kaisercraft Sweet Nothings collectables, rub on Life, mini paper bloom fairy floss, Vivaldi blossom, Webster's Pages alpha stickers, liquid pearls petal pink and bisque, Martha Stewart butterfly punch, Spellbinders Shapeabilities butterflies, Scrapmatts chipboard hinge, Gesso, lace, paper doily.

Thanks for stopping by!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cathy, this looks so pretty, I love the pinks and the die cuts all go so well together from the different Kaiser ranges.. this is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...