Monday 15 October 2012

Shabby Chic Bag and Gift Box

Hello everyone! Today I am sharing with you two projects that I have completed for this weeks challenge from The Shabby Tea Room. The challenge is to create a card or project inspired by the COLORS in the photos and INCLUDE A RUSTIC ELEMENT AND ELEGANT ELEMENT!

After looking at the photo I drew inspiration from the wooden table, the flowers and the appearance of the table setting.

To create a rustic feel, I wanted to have a crackled paint effect. I also wanted two tones of paint to show the cracks. I started by  painting a dark brown layer of paint and once dry painted a medium to thick coat of decore crackle. After leaving it to dry overnight, I then applied the top layer of paint. As it dried the cracks appeared.

I decorated the frame edge with pearls, flowers and butterflies. This was my elegant element. I used paper from the same Kaisercraft collection to decorate the base of the bag, box and front insert. I used a rubon quote that I think is touching!



I painted my candleabra using white distress paint and added some pearls to add some elegance.
I added another rustic element, a key. I inked it then used clear rock candy distress to add a rusty look to it.

To finish the bag, I added some lace....
The box was completed and decorated in a similar manner. I created a floral cluster and added a trinket pin as an elegant feature. Here are the close ups....

This post is lengthy today but I hope that you'll give some of these techniques a go!

Supplies:

Bag

Paper mache bag, Kaisercraft These Days collection, wood flourish candleabra, antique white paint, raw umber paint, pearls, Friends rubons, Prima pixie vine Fairy Belle, Dusty Attic keys, Jo Sonja's decore crackle, Distress crackle paint, clear rock candy and picket fence distress crackle paint, lace.

Box

Paper mache box, Kaisercraft These Days collection, antique white paint, raw umber paint, Hooked on Craft trinket pin, Prima flowers Arcadian collection and Fairytale roses baby pink, ribbon and lace.

Thanks Debbie for this opportunity in being a guest designer this week in The Shabby Tea Room.

Thanks for stopping by!
post signature




 



4 comments:

  1. Wow, Cathy...these are stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so beautiful Cathy you obviously have put a lot of thought and work into them and it shows.. love the crackle, and the lace.. very pretty indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Cathy! i love the crackled effect against the candelabra! It really captured the feel of the photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So so pretty Cathy...the crackle effect is just fabulous, gorgeous creations!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...