Saturday 3 November 2012

Dress Form Card

Hello everyone! Today I am sharing a card that follows the latest challenge from The Shabby Tea Room.

You are asked to create a card or project inspired by THE COLORS FROM THE PICTURE AND INCLUDE A FLOWER(s)!

When I saw the challenge, I wanted to create a dress form or a paper doll. I started by creating a paper doll which is below....

I like it but it wasn't what I wanted, so back to the drawing board.
I have been drawn to more vintage things this week. I created a dress form and went from there.
I traced the dress form and stand onto kraft card and inked the edges. I then cut a bodice from some paper and cut strips of tulle and glued it onto a scrap piece of card stock. Next a glued some lace trip with a flower to the waist. I added a lace frame to finish it off.

I printed a ribbon spool freebie from the internet and wrapped some ribbon onto it. I attached it with foam tape to add dimension.
I have inked and distressed the edges of my papers. I finished it off with sewing around each.

Supplies:

Paper: Kaisercraft Charlotte's Dream 6 1/2" paper pad and Sweet Nothings, Freebies from Astrid's Artistic Efforts

Ink: Distress ink walnut stain

Other: Hooked on Craft flowers, Francheville lace frame, Zutter distrezz it all, tulle, ribbon and lace.

Thanks for stopping by!







post signature

3 comments:

  1. HI Cathy, this is soo elegant.. I really love the simplicity of the dress from, it reminds me of a ballerina!! really love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I love it! The little dress form is precious and the layers and shabby goodness make a beautiful card! Thanks for sharing it with us at The Shabby Tea Room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your second project, Cathy! It's just perfect!! That dress form with the tulle skirt is amazing ... thanks for sharing your lovely creation with us in the Tea Room :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...