Tuesday 6 November 2012

Merry Christmas

 Hello everyone! Today I absolutely feel great. I suffer from migraines and headaches and have had a constant headache for three days. I lost my mojo, felt lousy and not even shopping could cheer me up. But today by mid morning no more headache! The only good thing about migraines is the amazing feeling once its gone.  My Christmas card follows the sketch from Waltzingmouse Stamps.


To create the centre elements of my cards I started with a labels eighteen stamp. It has a round centre which I thought would be perfect for a wreath. I love how Kittie Caracciolo creates dimensional wreaths and floral clusters and wanted to do the same for mine. Click here to see her tutorial.
I used a variety of punched circles and pearls for my wreath. I used glossy accents to attach the fronds and the circles. I also added a lovely die cut frame to complete it.



Supplies:

Paper: Kaisercraft coconut, pastel basics paper pack

Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps vintage labels 18, JustRite Stampers Deck the Halls

Ink:  Versafine satin red

Other: Spellbinders nestabilities labels 18 and classic circles large, Spellbinders shapeabilities twisted metal accents and fancy tags, Spellbinders impressabilities fleur de lis, Spellbinders edgeabilities classic scallop, red ribbon, Martha Stewart branch punch, Kaisercraft pearls.

Thanks for stopping by!

post signature

15 comments:

  1. This is just the bee's knees, Cathy! So glad you are feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful wreath with the punched sprigs of fir - great card! Glad the migraine has gone, hope it's a long time before it descends again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI.. this is soooo gorgeous.. love the wreath and the bow is a perfect touch too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry you suffer from migraines , I have only had abou t ten in my lifetime......I cannot imagine having one for three days.....so sorry!
    Well your card is just amazing so festive and beautiful. Love the wreath and all the dies you used . The gingham is perfect on this one. Stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is gorgeous! I love the layout, the red, and all those yummy die cuts! This is just a vision of Christmas goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous! I love the colors, the wreath and all the gorgeous details! Beautiful!
    I too suffer from migraines and I agree that the best part is when they are over - oh the blessed relief!!!! Take good care of yourself!
    :) Jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, lovely wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad that you are feeling better, Cathy! This is a most adorable and festive card! The gingham!!! And that awesome wreath, love the spruce color of it :). As always, such lovely layers and gorgeous details!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Cathy, I really do know how you feel - the moment the headache lifts is wonderful! So pleased your mojo is back - this is absolutely stunning! I love the wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad your feeling better!! Gorgeous card! The wreath is fabulous and the dies are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you're feeling better...
    migraines!
    They put your life on hold when they strike don't they?
    But apparently you recover quicker than I do...
    this is gorgeous!!
    I'm thinking country...
    that gorgeous wreath...
    the gingham...
    all the fabulous layers...
    just perfectly gorgeous!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love your beautiful wreath! thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week - and glad to hear your headache is gone!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ladies, thanks for kind words of encouragement. The card making community is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh I just love gingham! There are just so many little details on this pretty card. Especially the layers of labels and that gorgeous wreath. Just lovely! Thanks for joining us at Waltzingmouse!

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh I love this little tiny wreath!! beautifully made, so gorgeous! thank you for playing along with us at WMS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...