Saturday 8 December 2012

Christmas Cheer

Hello everyone! I've had a busy week. The school year is drawing to a close and end of year festivities have begun. Our grade has been busy working with the children on a social justice project. The children have donated soft lollies to create lolly bags for the homeless and for residents in a nursing home who may not have loved ones to provide a special treat. I have been working with the children to make some Christmas cards. As I work in a flexible learning space (one classroom, three classes, three teachers) this has been a real challenge - 69 children! Anyway, 170 lolly bags later and 69 cards made (over two days) the children have done well. The Night Patrol van will be going out this Sunday night with some of the lollies. The rest will be distributed to the nursing home next week.

My stamp pads have had a real workout though!! The boys LOVE the punches and all of the children love inking the edges of a labels punch with a sponge. Some students have asked, "Are we making more cards next week?"....."Maybe......next year!"

The card I am sharing with you is for The Shabby Tea Room Pretty Baubles challenge. You are asked to create a card or project inspired by the COLORS in the photo and INCLUDE A BIRD! The title of my project is inspired by the activities from my week...hopefully the children will see that Christmas is all about the giving and how a little can go a long way.


As I have been stamping with the children, I felt like using this technique in my card. I inked a piece of cardstock. I also used a script stamp, splatter and swirls stamp to create my background.I created my wreath using my Martha Stewart branch punch. I used glossy accents to attach each branch onto a circular piece of card stock. I added some colourful pearls to finish it off. I also used a Christmas music stamp to create a banner to place underneath the wreath.


I selected a bird from the SU Elements of Style set. It looked a bit bare in the corner. I used a background stamp from the set and used a punch to create a banner.


Some flowers and of course a bow complete my card.





Supplies:

Stamp: Stampin' Up! Elements of Style, BoBunny Midnight Frost, Kaisercraft December 25th, Tim Holtz Spills and Splatters

Ink: Distress Ink Victorian Velvet, Walnut Stain and Old Paper

Other: Martha Stewart branch punch, Spellbinders nestabilities standard circles small, Prima flowers fiarytale roses baby pink, Hooked on Craft flowers, Stampin' Up! banner punch, pink seam binding, Kaisercraft pearls.

Thanks for stopping by!




post signature

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card!! Thanks for sharing about the social project.....that is so sweet and teaches the children how to care for others! God bless!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is just lovely, that wreath is amazing and love the banner! Thanks for sharing it with us at The Tea Room this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love that delicate wreath and small pearl accents~ beautiful card with such lovely details! So glad you could join us at TSTR!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...