Wednesday 19 December 2012

Christmas Treats

Hello everyone. I am sharing another Christmas card today that I have created. I followed the latest sketch from Mojo Monday which I have rotated.

I also drew inspiration from The Ribbon Reel. You are asked to you create a card / project using the colours
RED
,
WHITE & KRAFT plus BUTTONS, RIBBON & TWINE!

In Australia, our Christmas day is usually quite warm as it is summer. We do however enjoy the tradition of having Christmas stockings, so my card has an Aussie twist!



I wanted to use items from my stash that I haven't used in a while. I selected a Sizzix die that has a bear and a candy cane. After running it through my Big Kick, I had to paper piece all the bits together, a little time consuming but worth it! I also used a brick stencil and used a distress ink to shade it in.
Next I created the other stockings. I carefully peeled off a stocking from a card sent by my aunty and used it as a template (it was store bought card - no harm done!) I used some punches to create the embellishments. Some ribbon and a bow complete my card.


Supplies:

Paper: Kaisercraft Turtle Dove 6 1/2" paper pad, Stampin' Up! very vanilla, whisper white, real red and crumb cake cardstock

Ink: Distress ink old paper

Other: Fiskars retro flower punch and scallop scissors, Sizzix stocking w/teddy bear, Stampin' Up! border punch and real red ribbon, Kaisercraft rhinestones, The Crafters Workshop mini bricks stencil, Spellbinders nestabilities labels eight and decorative labels eight, Becca's peg bow maker, button and twine.

Thanks for stopping by!








post signature

5 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Cathy! love the aussie stockings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the challenge. I cant believe the detail you got here - down to the little teddy in the sock! SO sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the teddy bear in the stocking! Such tedious work! Beautiful job! Thanks for sharing with us at The Ribbon Reel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet stockings, so happy card!!

    Visiting from Mojo Monday Challenge
    xo, Kristina
    Love for you to visit me too <3
    www.pearlgateway.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous sweet card...love those stockings!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...