Friday 28 December 2012

Favourite Things

Hello everyone. This week in The Shabby Tea Room, things are a bit nostalgic! You are asked to share your favorite project that you have created for ANY Tea Room challenge from 2012! Well, I regularly participate in the challenges and had no idea what I would pick. On Christmas Day, my family celebrate at my mum's house. I brought along my iPad and asked my sister to pick a card. She said,"There are too many...I don't know," but eventually she picked the above card. Click here to link back to the original post.

This year, I really wanted to pursue my crafts to try to have some sort of balance between work/life. Being a teacher is so demanding and my time tends to decrease. I set time limits to how much school work I complete (where possible) each night and tried to have craft nights once to twice a week. My principal was very supportive of this and encouraged me (she even checked in every so often to see how craft night was going). My colleagues too enjoyed some of the creations I shared with them. For sentimental reasons I am going to choose the following project as my choice. When I informed school (my work) they were excited and most came to visit The Shabby Tea Room when I was GDT. My class too were very excited and asked, "When can we make a card and enter a competition?"

To view the original post, please click here.

Well, this year has been a fantastic year. When I took the time to look at all of my cards, scrapbook layouts and off the page projects I can really see how my style has grown and changed. I have a few more skills, more tools and a lot more new friends from the crafting community. Lenet, what a wonderful challenge.

To everyone who stopped by my blog, thanks for the kind comments as I appreciate the time and the kindness that you have shared. May 2013 be just as exciting.

Thanks for stopping by!



post signature

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cathy! I always love what you create it is so pretty and has an elegance about it.. and I hope you get more scrapping time next year... and a very Happy New Year to you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is stunning Cathy! So soft and pretty...look forward to seeing more of your gorgeous designs in 2013. Thanks for sharing your Beautiful cards with us in TSTR!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...