Friday 21 December 2012

Last Minute Christmas Cards

Hello everyone! I am nearly finished my preparations for Christmas, however I need to make cards that are suitable to post! My challenge is to create cards that aren't bulky, smaller and easy to make so that I can mail them. With the cards I create, my preferred size is either 6"x6" or 5" x 7", so this is a little bit tricky!

Last night I started and boy was it difficult. Everything I planned to use was too big. The above card is what I eventually came up with. I still have my layers and have made four so far...I intend to make approx 10 of these.

I started by matting the designer paper and cutting out one of the holly motifs dies. The holly motif looked a little bit lost with the designer paper so I added the red and creme labels frames. I stamped and punched out the ornament and added a holly leaf. I trialled some ribbon to break up the background a little bit and found this striped ribbon that worked well.

Here are some close ups...


Supplies:

Paper: Stampin' Up! Candlelight Christmas specialty designer series paper, old olive, real red and very vanilla

Ink: Stampin' Up! old olive and real red

Stamp: Stampin' Up! Delightful Decorations

Other: Spellbinders nestabilities labels one, decorative labels one and holly motifs, Sullivans holly punch, Kaisercraft rhinestones, Stampin' Up! ornament punch and ribbon.

Thanks for stopping by!


post signature

1 comment:

  1. These look wonderful! the white frame really stands out on the red.. the little sprigs of holly look cute too.. have a very merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...