Monday 28 January 2013

Dress Form Card

Hello everyone. Today I am sharing with you a card that I have created for The Shabby Tea Room. The theme for the week is "Cute as a Button." You are asked to create a card/project inspired from the pic and to include buttons.


One thing I love the most when creating my cards is the planning process. I look for techniques to try and elements that hold possibilities. My ideas for this card changed so many times...how was I going to use buttons???

I decided to follow a sewing theme to incorporate the buttons. I wanted a vintage feel to my card and I also wanted to use texture, so I decided to use a dress form.

I used a printable dress form template which I purchased from a Cherry On Top. I traced it onto some kraft cardstock. The template also offers the form as well as the stand. I inked the stand with walnut stain and then applied a crackle medium. While this was drying I decorated the form. I used picket fence distress stain and swiped it randomly over it. I then used a swirl stamp and also a script stamp to decorate. I then inked the edges. I cut a strip of cheese cloth and glued it onto the form. I tied a bow using crinkle ribbon and scrunched it up and completely wet it. I used a heat tool to dry it, to create a ruffled effect. To finish it off, I added some flowers.

Here are some close ups .....






Supplies:

Paper: Digital Paper by Janet

Stamp: Bobunny Midnight Frost, JustRite Stampers Elegant frames

Ink: Distress stain walnut stain and picket fence, Versafine vintage sepia

Other: Spellbinders antique frame and accents, Tim Holtz crinkle ribbon, Kaisercraft mini paper blooms, Green Tara flowers, Stampin' Up! linen thread, cheese cloth, bottons.

I hope that you'll give this a try!








post signature

3 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...