Wednesday 23 January 2013

Happiest Birthday

Hello everyone! I just love Pion Design papers and today the card I am sharing with you uses papers from the For Mother collection. When I first bought some Pion papers, I didn't want to touch them as I was scared I would mess up and that would be that. I have over come this and just love the Shabby Chic/Vintage feel that they have. For the design of my card I have followed a sketch from Cardabilities.

I had bought a stamp set from Stampin' Up last year called Apothecary and decided it was time that it was used. I stamped my image onto some watercolour paper coloured it in using my Stampin' Up! markers and blender pen. I inked up a blending tool with distress ink and went around the edges of the image. Using the SU framelit, I ran the image through my Grand Calibur. I selected on of the sentiments and created fishtail banners, to compliment the other fishtails in the sketch.

I added some doilies, flowers and some pearls to finish my card.





Supplies:

Paper: Pion Design For Mother

Stamp: Stampin' Up! Apothecary Art

Ink: Stampin' Up! markers, distress ink antique linen, Stazon jet black

Other: Stampin' Up! framelits labels collection and very vanilla seam binding, Spellbinders twisted metal tags and accents, Kaisercraft pearls, Green Tara flowers, Distrezz it all, Prima distressing tool, doily.

Thanks for stopping by!





post signature

7 comments:

  1. Oh wow this is sooo gorgeous!! I love the blue colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is absolutely gorgeous. Love the papers and stamps. Beautiful shades of blue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!! I love how your take on that wonderful sketch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oops I meant to say "love your take on the sketch"........ I need more coffee!

      Delete
  4. I just love everything about this card!
    Thank you for joining us over at Cardabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous! I love everything about this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So gorgeous!! Love all the wonderful details here....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...