Friday 4 January 2013

Happy Birthday

Hello everyone. I am back with another card to share with you. This time it follows a sketch from Mojo Monday.
When I saw the circular motif I thought that I would grab a doily and design from there. Instead I went to my tub of die cutting dies and pulled out a die from Heartfelt Creations that I would use instead. I have only used it once and was a little bit intimidated by it as I am not always accurate when lining things up. However, since then I have the magic tool at my disposal WAX PAPER and die cutting is much, much better!

I started by die cutting the circular motif and flipped it over and ran it through again to create the circular shape. I repeated this with the accent piece that accompanies the die. I then pulled out an embossing folder and ran it through three times, lining it up each time. I played around with white ink and inked up the folder to create a more defined pattern. I didn't love it so I stayed with just the embossed card.

After that I created a bow using Becca's Peg Bow maker. I found a flower and die cut some leaves. The card looked like it was just missing something. I love the HC circular motifs by itself so then I played around with a sentiment. Out came a Spellbinders tags die and I was complete!

Supplies:

Paper: Stampin' Up! Very Vanilla, Kaisercraft latte

Stamp: JustRite Stampers Elegant Frames

Ink: Versafine Vintage Sepia

Other: Heartfelt Creations layered elegant swirl, Spellbinders foliage and fancy framed tags one, Becca's Peg Bow Maker, Prima flower, Kaisercraft pearls,  creme ribbon and embossing folder ornaments CCC-4011 I bought it at a craft fair on sale).

Thanks for stopping by!




post signature

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...