Monday 21 January 2013

Just Pretty





Hello everyone! I am back with another card as GD with The Shabby Tea Room. This weeks theme is 'Just Pretty". For this challenge, you are asked to design a card/project inspired by the colours in the pic with stripes and flower.

What a pretty inspiration picture! This week, I wanted to create a shaped card. I love Spellbinders dies and have seen some cards that have used the dies to create beautifully detailed card bases.

To start my card I selected the largest Spellbinders romantic rectangles die. I folded a piece of cardstock in half. I placed the die with the top of the die just passing above the crease of the card base. I ran it through the grand calibur a few times. I die cut the same die again. This was then glued onto top the card base so that now you have a completed design.
I didn't use any ribbon on this card, instead I used a string of pearls and some cheese cloth.




Supplies:

Paper: Nitwit Collections Thimbles'n'threads, Stampin' Up! very vanilla


Stamp: JustRite Stanmpers Vintage Rose Medallions

Ink: Versa Magic pink petunia, Versfine vintage sepia

Other: Spellbinders nestabilities lacey ovals, classic ovals large, romantic rectangles, Memory Box madera corner, Prima flowers, Kaisercraft rhinestone strips, Vivaldi pearl circle with leaf branch, Fiskars 1.5" tag punch, cheese cloth, pearl string

I hope that you'll give this a try!







post signature

5 comments:

  1. Oh so pretty this card is.. what a gorgeous inspiration.. pink and pearls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such wonderful cards - all of them - really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we can all go home now, you nailed this challenge! It is VERY pretty! Love it so much!!

    Hugs,
    Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cathy, this is so romantically soft and elegant and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...