Tuesday 9 April 2013

Smile Everyday

Hello everyone! I managed to finish my school work a little bit earlier than usual and I used my extra time to create a card. My card follows the latest sketch from Mojo Monday and the design challenge at The Ribbon Reel.

You are asked to create a card / project using Use ONE solid paper and TWO pattern papers plus RIBBON & TWINE.

I really liked the sketch and had an idea of using a cameo, so I was already feeling a bit vintage at this point. I went through my papers and liked the combinations of designs in my My Mind's Eye paper pad and decided to go with a pink/brown colour combo.

My centre image has a lovely dress form which features on one of the papers. There are some lovely damask patterned papers in this collection. I selected the newsprint/pink as my background and a subtle taupe damask in the square panel. My fish tails feature the front and backs of the left over papers (nothing goes to waste!) It is handy to have a general purpose card in my stash, ready for unexpected occasions.

Supplies:

Paper: My Minds Eye Lost and Found and Blush paper pad, Stampin' Up! melon mambo, Kaisercraft coffee bean

Other: Spellbinders opulent ovals, Hug Snug pink aster seam binding, Kaisercraft mini alpha stickers, Hooked on Craft flowers, Scrapware book plate chippie, Walnut stain distress ink and stain, Becca's peg bow maker, twine.

Thanks for stopping by!






post signature

9 comments:

  1. Very pretty. I sure do like that oval Spellbinder that you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous.. love the pink bow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy,
    This is positively stunning! The distressing is gorgeous! I recognized that gorgeous MME paper the second I saw it;one of my all time faves! Love that oval Spellbinder:I added it to my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card! Love all the beautiful blossoms and fancy dressform!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!
    A great greeting card!
    Good luck to the challenge!

    If you want ... Please can you on my blog and to become a Member? ....I'd be honored

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous card!! Love the colors too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty, lovely use of the black frame die cut!
    Thanks for joining us at TRR this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the beautiful vintage look you captured here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh so vintage and lovely! The Spellbinders dies are beautiful! Thanks for joining TRR!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...