Friday 31 May 2013

Heartfelt Creations ~Gatefold Card~


Hello everyone. Today I am sharing a gatefold card with you. My card follows the current challenge from The Shabby Tea Room. You are asked to create a card or project inspired by the photo USING AQUA, YELLOW and WHITE/CREAM AND INCLUDE TWINE!

This is my second card using the gatefold die set from Heartfelt Creations. To create this card, you really need to follow the video on how to create the card, as there are some difficult parts in lining up the dies. The first time I used this set, I didn't have access to wax paper. This time round I did and what a difference it makes.

The details of the die are just beautiful. My embellishments really feature on the band which slides over the card when it is closed. I used a doily punch and created a decorative edge. I attached it to a 1" strip of aqua cardstock then used some patterned paper to fill the centre. I die cut two Memory Box flourish dies the added my flowers. I tied a simple bow using twine.

The inside is quite plain. Just a few stamps to add some shabby touches.





Supplies:

Paper: Prima Divine paper pad, SU! whisper white, Kaisercard duck egg

Ink: Memento tuxedo black

Stamps: 7 Gypsies vintage, Autumn Leaves flourishes v2, Papercraft cling stamps

Other: Heartfelt Creations layered elegant swirl, Martha Stewart monarch butterfly punch, SU! border punch, Hooked on Craft flowers, Prima Belle Fleur  daisy blue harvest, Memory Box elegant scrollwork, My Minds Eye twine.

Thanks for stopping by!






post signature

8 comments:

  1. This card is stunning Cathy, and the die does look very delicate..beautiful colors too.. and I love the card from cardabilities too, not sure if I have commented on that one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautifu lace and colors! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Gorgeous card inside and out! Great use of dies and beautiful flower...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cathy, thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us at The Shabby Tea Room. It is just amazing, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! Your flower is perfect.

    Lovely inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your scroll die work is amazing! I am amazed at how perfectly you coordinate and use them with your papers and embellishments to create such lovely cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, this is gorgeous!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...