Saturday 19 July 2014

Love This!

Hello everyone! As the weather has been so cold lately, I decided to get crafty and created this LO following a sketch from Sketchabilities.

Behind my layers of burlap and papers, I applied a thin layer of gesso and then using a baby wipe and more gesso, softened the outer edge. I then used a stencil with some distress ink to add some pattern.
Here is a close up of my sentiment. I added some cheese cloth behind it to add some texture.

I added some fibres from the cheese cloth behind the flowers to add some interest. I continued the stenciling around the cluster.

Supplies:

Paper: Kaisercraft Be-YOU-tiful Collection Glamourous, Amazing, Sweet, Splendid and Collectables.

Other: Distress Ink Pine Needles and Walnut Stain, Tim Holtz Spills and Splatters, Prima Stitch Stamps, Maya Road Mask, Kaisercraft Flowers Ivory and paper Blooms Buttercream, Hooked On Craft Roses, Cheese Cloth, Burlap.

Thanks for stopping by!
post signature




8 comments:

  1. very nice, will be a source of inspiration

    http://scrap-alba.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout! Love the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love the flowers! Thanks for joining in at Sketchabilities!
    Karen Y

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow a beautiful lay out!!! thanks for using sketchabilities!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty and organic looking layout! Thanks for playing along at Sketchabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great take on the sketch! I like all the flowers and the burlap piece behind the picture. Thanks for playing at Sketchabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous layout, Cathy!! Love the green with the yellow - so pretty! And great layering. Hope all has been well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the layering and your papers. Thanks for playing along with Sketchabilities

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...