Thursday 24 July 2014

Mixed Media Canvas



Hello everyone! Today I am sharing my first project as a new Design Team Member with Meg's Garden. I have decided to create a canvas. After seeing the papers, I felt inspired to create a vintage styled dress. The papers I am using are from the Correspondence Collection which are designed by Kerry-Jean Watson.



To create the background, I cut random strips of Tucson 1909 and French Account and glued them down with Mod Podge to the canvas. I then applied some stencils using modelling paste to add texture and also where the two papers joined. Once dry, I used different pink and brown mists and sprays to decorate.

To create the dress, I used French Account and Mademoiselle Louise. I made a paper mock up first to see if I could actually make it! I used a basic dress template to glue/attach each section onto as I constructed each section. The base section is 30cm x10cm and is just fan folded and attached using Scor tape.I also inked the edges to add definition to each section using a distress ink.


To create the ruffle/gathers, I cut 3 scallops and pinched them into shape. I then added bows and roses.







I used a distress ink to colour the centre of two of the flowers, just to add some colour.

Meg's Garden Supplies
Bridal Veil Flowers
TCW Specimens



These papers are just so versatile and I hope you have a chance to create with them.


Thanks for stopping by!


post signature







4 comments:

  1. Oh how pretty, I love how your dress turned out and love the textures on your back ground.. really lovely canvas.. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Love how you did the dress!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty pretty. I think the lamp post in the back ground gives it such an outdoor, "french" feeling, as if a bride was strolling in the park.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous design. The dress is looking fantastic and so beautiful colors. I like that very much.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...