Sunday 5 April 2015

Meg's Garden ~ The Forgotten Meadows Collection ~

Hello everyone! I have two cards to share with you. I just adore the latest collection...the muted tones and the beautiful floral designs. Not only did the beautiful papers inspire me  with my card making, but it also inspired me to create flowers to compliment the papers! All of the flowers are handmade on my cards (except for one) and if you would like to make them as well I followed a tutorial which you can view here. You will need watercolour paper, distress inks, some cherry blossom dies and stamens to create these flowers.

For my first card I wanted to feature a bird cage. I had these birds and bird cages in my stash. I painted them with gesso and embellished with flowers.

I used a Prima doily die and a soft pink cardstock that complimented the tones of the papers. I also used a Cherry Blossom Brunch die by La Land Crafts as foliage which works beautifully with my cherry blossoms that I made. I like to add butterflies into my projects and I had some left over from an old project and they fit perfectly into the little spaces.

My second card again uses the cherry blossom flowers but is a little bit more rustic. To show definition in my layers, I inked them with walnut stain distress ink and machine stitched the edges of my papers.

To create the focal point of my card I cut the Catalina Wreath by Memory Box twice using pale pink and green cardstock and glued them so that it created a slight shadow. Then I added my sentiment and left over flowers.

Supplies:
Card One 
Sending Love to You

The Forgotten Meadows Collection 
Small rose 2cm

Other: JustRite Hugs and Kisses sentiments, Prima Doily Die 1, La La Land Crafts Cherry Blossom Flowers and Cherry Blossom Brunch, Distress ink worn lipstick, and spun sugar, Memento Rich Cocoa, water colour paper, ribbon, Green Tara Rose, Bird and Bird cage chip board.

Card Two
Thinking Of You
The Forgotten Meadows Collection

Other: JustRite Hugs and Kisses sentiments, Distress ink walnut stain, Memento rich cocoa, Die-namics fishtail flag stax, Memory Box Catalina Wreath.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
post signature






4 comments:

  1. These cards are so pretty, feminine and love the lovely papers. The flowers are gorgeous too! I love hand made flowers, they add a special touch to any creation! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous and very elegant designs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards!! The wreath with the flowers is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards Cathy,love your tiny flowers and design

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...