Friday 12 June 2015

#happydays ~Maja Design~


Hello everyone!Today I have a layout that I have created using papers from a few collections, Vintage Summer and Life by The Sea. I also used the butterflies from Vintage Spring Basics as embellishments. I used the colours from my photo to determine my papers and went from there.


I used a 2 Crafty chipboard frame and altered it using walnut stain and faded jeans distress inks. The flowers are a combination of Green Tara, Petaloo and Prima flowers which all vary in shades of blue. The background (right) I used antique linen distress ink and The Crafters Workshop Mini Chickenwire reversed stencil to add some texture.

I recently bought a Memory Box banner die called Banner Parade. I die cut some papers from Life By the Sea and alternated them to create this fun banner. I applied some foam tape to each to add dimension.

Hashtags are everywhere these days and I used a chipboard saying from Dusty Attic and played around with it using Walnut Stain and Distress Stain and also Faded Jeans Distress ink to create an ombre effect. 

This pennant was a last minute addition to my layout. It was a blank area that just needed something and banners are a great way to fill up a space. I added some hearts which were some left overs .....nothing goes to waste!

Maja Design Papers used:

 
Vintage-Summer-Basics-L1



Life-by-the-Sea-L 

Supplies:
Maja Design Vintage Summer Baics 1899 and 1902
Life by The Sea paper pad
Vintage Spring Basics Butterflies 6th of May

Dies: Spellbinders Romantic Rectangles, La La Land Crafts Scalloped Border, Memory Box Forget Me Not Stem, Banner Parade, Chloe Stem, Elegant Scrollwork, Magnolia Rose Leaf

Ink: Distress Ink Walnut Stain, Faded Jeans, Antique Linen, Distress Stain Walnut Stain.

Chipboard: 2Crafty 6" Circle Revolution Frames, Dusty Attic Hashtag Sayings#1

Flowers: Prima Melbourne Harbour, Petaloo Canterbury Rose Teal, Green Tara Cherry Blossoms and other blooms

Other: The Crafters Workshop Mini Chickenwire Reversed, Fiskars Scallop Border Punch

Thanks for stopping by!





post signature


2 comments:

  1. Lovely photo, and beautiful layout... Love the layers and love the banners too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...