Friday 26 June 2015

Two Baby Cards ~ Vintage Baby ~ Maja Design



Hello everyone! Today and I have two baby cards to share with you. A colleague of mine recently went on maternity leave and I thought I would create a card for her. As this is her first baby, she doesn’t know what she is having...she wants a surprise...so I am covering my bases and have created a card for a baby boy and girl. I have used the Vintage Baby Collection for both cards.



As you know for my other projects, I use a lot of die cuts in my projects. I used The reverse side of Vintage baby Cherish to create the onesie and the butterfly, just from some lefts overs from the background of my card base. I used Little B Baby die set to create the onsesie and Cheery Lynn small exotic butterfly w/angel wings die.


To create the base of my card I used Vintage Baby Flowers For Mum and Cherish. I also incorporated Flowers For Mum in the centre as shown. I layered all elements of my centre with foam tape to add dimension. I also love how beautifully Maja Design papers look when you distress the edges. It really adds a vintage look. I tend to distress first then ink the edges with an ink. I chose Vintage Photo distress ink as it’s not too dark. I added some lace and a doily for a shabby chic touch.



For my second card, I have created an inchie or a patchwork card. I used the Vintage Baby paper pad to create this card. Before scrapbooking and cardmaking became my main craft, I also used to make quilts! Drawing upon my knowledge of quilts, the types of fabrics you need to create a quilt are light, medium and dark so this influenced my choices of papers from the paper pad.


Each of the squares has been machine stitched and inked. I used foam tape to attach each square to may card. I used Vintage photo Distress ink again.


This panel is also from a page from the paper pad. The sentiment was a borderstrip from it which I trimmed to fit. I die cut Spellbinders Fleur de Lis Rectangles to frame it and mounted everything with foam tape and framed everything with my flowers. This card was so much fun to make!

Maja Design Papers used:
VintageBaby-L 

Card One Congratulations:
Flowers: Prima Le Mia. Green Tara

Stamp: Waltzingmouse Fancy Phrases

Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Distress Ink Vintage Photo

Dies: Spellbinders Stately Circles, Standard Circles Large, Die-namics Fishtail Flags Stax, Elizabeth Craft Designs Curvy Leaves, Cheery Lynn Small Exotic Butterfly w/aangel Wings, Memory Box Winterberry Sprig, Little B Baby

Other: Hug Snug Seam Binding, Doily, Lace, Susan's Garden Tool Kt

Card Two: It's A Boy

Flowers: Dusty Attic Smokey Bloom, Green tara Cherry Blossom

Die: Spellbinders Fleur De Lis Rectangles, Magnolia Rose Leaf

Other Hug Snug Seam Binding. Distress Ink Vintage Photo

Thanks for stopping by!

post signature






2 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Cathy,your attention to detail is fantastic,i love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are beautiful! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...