Thursday 24 August 2017

Shabby Chic File Folder Mini Album

Hello everyone! Today I have a file folder album to share with you, using the journal papers from the Watercolour Garden Collection. These papers have various beautiful prints, which you will see during this blog post. When I first viewed these papers I was going to create a planner or pages for a planner.....but then I came across these beautiful file folders and loved the concept more. There are several tutorials on Youtube at the moment but the one I liked the most is found here.

I really wanted to showcase the papers in this album, so the pages are very simple. I utilised the ephemera to create journalling spots. Left over manilla card was used to create tags and flips in the album.

I used my We 'R Memories Keepers envelope punch board to create tabs in the album, to define each section of the album.

Extra pockets enable spaces for mini books, tags and other photos.

Adding lace, ribbon and washi tape adds to shabby chic/vintage feel.

Enjoy the video below of the walkthrough of the completed album.

Meg's Garden Supplies:
Watercolour Garden
Lace and Ribbon

Other: Tim Holtz Tag Collection, Kaisercraft Printed Tape, Distress Ink Ground Espresso, Foolscap Manilla Folders, Stampin' Up! Doilies and Punch, We 'R Memories Keepers Envelope Punch Board

Thanks for stopping by!






7 comments:

  1. Cathy, this is stunning and a real imspiration. I am getting things together to make an album for all mt favourite familt photos and I shall be looking at the video many times. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are great for photos. I give them away as gifts as I have enough for my own photos. People love them! Enjoy the process of creating them to. Would love to see what you create.

      Delete
    2. Going to be a little while as mt house, let alone my craft room is in chaos whilst I try to recover from builders.

      Delete
  2. Such a gorgeous little album, very sweet, each page is so lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome album and the papers are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...