Friday 29 May 2015

Happy Birthday ~ Maja Design~



Hello everyone! Today and I am sharing a masculine card that I made for my brother (I am behind in my birthday cards as I have another birthday card to make!) I always struggle to make masculine cards and it takes me a while to create one. This one is a bit grungy/steampunk inspired.


I used the CreaDiem Collection as I was drawn to the muted tones of the papers. I also used foam tape to add definition to the layers. 


I used two Tim Holtz stamps, Simple Sayings and Odds and Ends as well as a memo pin. The steampunk clock is by Cheery Lynn. I also fussy cut a clock from Vintage Autumn Basics XVI papers to add to the centre of the clock as shown. I distressed the edges with walnut stain and black soot  distress inks. 


I usually machine stitch around the edges of my cards, but I used Bobunny’s stitches stamp on my card and tag instead. I love the distressed pattern of the stamp.


Maja Design Papers Used

CreaDiem-L2 

Life is very busy at the moment. Right now I am moving into a new house, hence I have been a little bit quiet. I have just about finished my school reports and I am still breathing!  Once I unpack and find my craft supplies a new home, I'll be back!

Thanks for stopping by!
 
post signature







3 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I truly appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...